Welcome to the Rhythmic Education Fund website. Here you can learn about how to apply for a rhythmic scholarship. What the requirements are. And how to donate to the REF so that it may continue to provide scholarship opportunities, and expand them to more rhythmic gymnasts.
Since its formation in 2001, the REF has provided scholarships to 45 rhythmic gymnasts, which have totaled more than $45,000.
2012 Scholarship Awardees
The Rhythmic Education Fund is pleased to announce the winners of the 11th annual scholarship awards. This year, 2012, we are awarding 7 scholarships in the amount of $1000 each. Congratulations to the following qualified and deserving gymnasts:
- Region 1:
- Anna Livshyts: Allegro Rhythmic in Calif., is attending San Francisco State U., majoring in Computer Science
- Haley Schrader: Rhythmic Academy of Marin, Calif., is attending University of California Davis, with possible majors In Mandarin Chinese and International Relations.
- Region 2:
- Mattea Cavagnaro: Evergreen Rhythmics, Seattle, WA, is attending Calif. Polytechnic State U. in San Luis Obispo, Calif. (Cal Poly SLO), majoring in Biomedical Engineering
- Region 3:
- Allison Brooks: United Rhythmic Gymnastics, Michigan, is attending Michigan State Univ., majoring in Apparel and Textile Design
- Jordyn Gudeman: United Rhythmic Gymnastics, Michigan, is attending Oakland University, major is Pre-dental.
- Region 4:
- Rachel Korsunsky: Rhythmic Dreams, Massachusetts, is attending George Washington Univ., majoring in International Business
- Region 6:
- Jamie Millan: First Coast Arts & Sports, Jacksonville, Florida, is attending Florida State College, majoring in Special Education
These scholarships have been made possible solely by DONATIONS to the Rhythmic Education Fund. We greatly appreciate all the donations this year making these 4 scholarships possible and want to thank each and every one of our contributors:
The Rhythmic Education Fund Scholarship is open to any United States rhythmic gymnast who meets the following criteria;
- Is a high school senior who is graduating in the current year.
- Is carrying a 3.00 GPA or better
- Is currently competing in rhythmic gymnasts, and has done so for at least 5 years.
- Has applied to a institution of higher learning for the upcoming school year.
Getting it done: Read and understand the guidelines, Fill out the application, receive a recommendation from your coach, provide a copy of your high school transcript. Assemble all of the materials and send them to;
Rhythmic Education Fund c/o Judy Whelan
732 Sunshine Dr
Los Altos, CA 94024
- REF Guidelines
- Application (can be filled out and printed on-line)
- Coaches Recommendation (can be filled out and printed on-line)
Deadlines: Applications must be submitted by June 30, 2012 to be eligible for a scholarship payable in 2012.
Awards: The number and value of the REF scholarship awards is largely determined by donations received. The minimum award to an individual is $500.00. Award determinations are selected randomly from those applications shown to meet all of the criteria listed.
Donations: Your contributions can be sent to the address above. Online contibutions can not be made at this time. Contributions are tax deductible (Tax ID number is: 68-0454358 ).
The Board: The REF is operated by a board of directors. The members The Rhythmic Education Board: